We had our third accident in a week at the Stumphole area this morning. A car was travelling south at a high rate of speed and did not make the shift left where the road washed out. They went off the road, went airborne, rolled over debris piles all four occupants were ejected. There was Read More
About 2:15 am on 11/28/18, renters in a house in the 5000 block of Cape San Blas Rd. reported that a Airstream travel trailer parked nearby exploded and was in flames. We responded, along with Port St. Joe Fire Department. The trailer was totally destroyed and the woods nearby were in flames. All was extinguished Read More
For updates concerning the hurricane, please visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/sgcfire
Please use this site as a starting point for safety information during your visit to South Gulf County. Some of our primary areas of concern are; We have had several fires start by fireworks. Under Florida law, only sparklers, approved by the Florida Division of State Fire Marshal, are legal for consumer usage. It is illegal to Read More
A big shout out and thanks to Scott Carter of Beach House Builders. Scott gave of his time, tools, and talent to professionally construct a Disentanglement / Mayday Training Module for SGFR. This training prop will allow our Firefighter’s to practice survival skills they need to endure the dangers of structure fires.
Five members of the department attended training at the Florida Fire College in Niceville the weekend of 9/14/18. Adam Hodge, Allix North, and Keith Crosmun completed a 16 hr Emergency Vehicle Operator (EVOC) course. Mark Knapke attended two classes, an eight hour Statewide Emergency Response Plan (SERP) and an eight hour Firefighting with Limited Resources. Read More
Gulf County Emergency Management going to be offering Community Emergency Response Training (CERT) classes for members in the community who would like to gain more knowledge about disaster preparedness and/or become part of Gulf County’s CERT. The training will include basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, and disaster medical Read More
Dispatched to extinguish a smoldering dumpster. Unknown individual deposited smoldering material into the community dumpster. Residents tried to extinguish with garden hose with no success. Fire department deluged with water in order to completely extinguish.
Dispatched at 00:11 to a fire reported under a stilted house on Lee Street, near Money Bayou. SGCVFD arrived on scene at 00:31 to find the residence fully involved. All residents had already evacuated. Defensive measures were immediately taken on the neighboring residence. Additional units from SGCVFD arrived along with units from Port St. Joe Read More
Wildfire smoke is a mixture of gases and fine particles from burning trees and other plant materials. This smoke can hurt your eyes, irritate your respiratory system, and worsen chronic heart and lung diseases. Breathing in smoke can have immediate health effects, including: · Coughing · Trouble breathing normally · Stinging eyes · A scratchy throat · Runny nose · Irritated Read More